OUR STEELHEAD FISHING PACKAGES ARE 6 DAYS of fishing for wild steelhead on the Bulkley River. We operate six day trips… Sunday to Friday …but occasionally we have space available for extra days or shorter weeks. If you want to customize a shorter week, we can do that if the time is available.
Maxwell Steelhead Package includes…
- Six days guided steelhead fishing
- Two anglers per boat per guide
- Hot lunches on the beach
- Hot or cold drinks… no alcohol on the river
- Transportation each day to fishing and return to accommodation at night
Maxwell Steelhead Package does not include…
- Travel to Smithers
- Fishing licenses and tackle
- Gratuities… 10 – 15% recommended
Fishing Weeks for the current season… please visit our Fishing Weeks page
Rates, Payments & Terms:
- $3,300 US per angler plus 5% GST ($165) = $3,465
- Deposit of $1,732 US required to secure your spot… due within 30 days after booking for us to receive deposit.
- Balance due June 30th OR if you are booking a trip after June 1st, the full payment is required.
- For trips less than six days, the rate is $600 per day plus 5% GST = $630 US
Licenses: Three licenses are required… the Classified Waters (CW) license is a Class 2 license and varies according to the number of days fished and is day and river specific. Licenses are available online and we no longer issue licenses. Check out our Links page for where to buy your licenses.
Note: License fees are current at this time. Provincial authorities may change them at the end of their fiscal year which is March 31st. Fishing licenses may now be purchased online… we no longer issue licenses for our anglers.
Regulation changes for 2012 and beyond: Please note that new fishing regulations for Classified Waters in the Skeena River system came into use in 2012. Check out the changes. Non-residents of Canada cannot fish on Saturdays or Sundays unless they are guided. These regulations do not affect guided anglers.
- Our guides supply a limited number of flies, so anglers are requested to bring a good supply with them. Ask for recommendations or bring your favorite steelhead flies. If you would like to purchase some flies from us – our favorites – please let us know well in advance of your trip and we can have some ready for you when you arrive.
- Our recommended lodging will pick you up at the airport when you arrive and take you back to the airport upon departure.
If you are interested in fly fishing for wild steelhead on the Bulkley River, please book early to reserve your preferred time on the water… avoid disappoint and do it today!
We look forward to fishing with you on the Bulkley River.
MAXWELL Steelhead Guides… come and fish with the experts!